Friday, September 15, 2006

Make Your Resume Stand Apart

Right now my manager is struggling to fill a position on the team. we have been reviewing countless resumes, but the desired programming skillset and customer-focused personality are seldom offered in the same package. We've formally interviewed three candidates already and none seemed to stick. Today I reviewed seven more resumes.
And alas, I think I have found him. The search is over. One read of his "Interests and Activities" section, and I knew he would be the perfect programmer gone postal addition to the team.

"In general, I am fascinated with life itself and the endless process by which personal and overall meaning is derived. I enjoy effective human interaction and cooperation in association with the pursuit and achievement of desirable goals. Specifically, I thrive for the spiritual realm of organized competition and self-expression through athletics, arts, academics, and business."

I am not a career counselor nor a resume writer, so perhaps I may be out of line. But I'm confident that the words "spiritual realm" should never make their way to a curriculum vitae. Brent, take note.

4 Comments:

Blogger Darin said...

he sounds queer.

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You seem to have a problem with programmers, engineers and other technical folks...I don't think this bodes well for you.

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Programmer gone postal sounds about right. That is one truly rough patch of prose, mister.

I bet he plays Rachmaninoff with the damper pedal locked down.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTF????
That rivals the resume dad got for a secretary "to be the best secretary I can be" was the goal.

MArf.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home