Monday, December 04, 2006

We Got Spirit, Yes We Do.


I think I felt it coming on about noon yesterday. I’ve been avoiding it thus far, but crumbled under the pressure of my random visit to Homo Depot. I was only going to buy extension pruners (no comment) but made the fatal mistake of parking next to the Christmas tree stand. Kids were running in all directions with sap-covered hands and demonic smiles. Couple that with the incessant ring-ring-ring-ring of the Salvation Army donation ringer and I didn’t stand a chance. The holiday spirit is on, girlfriend.

I am going to temper it, though. I am really going to try. But with our house, it’s a travesty not to decorate the hell out of it. I mean, it’s a two-story craftsmen that begs to be decked. Last month, we cleaned out the garage and removed eighty years of build-up, abandoned furniture, old tools… AND five storage tubs filled with multi-colored Christmas lights. Apparently the previous owners switched to Buddhism or something. Chris saw the look on my face and told me that I could hold on to them, but c’mon. That’s like leaving a recovering heroine junkie alone in a medivac tent. The second he left me alone I would have been hauling ass to Lowe’s to buy a backup generator, extension cords, and industrial-grade stringing wire.

So I am going to play it cool this year. I bought three-pointsettias at the nursery yesterday and put them outside. That’s so tame it’s almost agnostic. And I thought we could maybe buy a wreath. A small one. For the front-door. But only if Chris doesn’t mind. And maybe an animatronic lighted reindeer.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such a goner! Happy decorating!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Darin said...

I think you should buy lights to put on Chris - and place him on the front porch. Along with the TiVo control, of course.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Wants wrong with a few thousand lights? How about an anatomically correct snowman? Now that would be something!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Matty said...

"that's so tame it's almost agnostic" rotflmao! Does Chris not celebrate Chrostmas or is he just a scrooge?

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home