Saturday, December 24, 2005

The Ten List


It’s almost Christmas, ya’ll. Twenty years ago, my brother and I were huddled in our beds, side by side, waiting for the slightest creak from the attic. Just some kind of warning that nine reindeer, a fat-ass elf, and a sleigh were hurdling out of the cosmos and onto our rooftop. In hindsight, I realize how idiotic the theory was. I mean, we had one hell of a steep roof. And while it was plenty strong to hold a couple feet of snow, it sure as hell wouldn’t have supported a small herd of elk. You’d think I would have been smart enough to realize.
Anyway- in our stupidity, we would have a conversation in our beds about what we were thankful for. It was a feeble last ditch effort to get on the fat man's good side. We would have paid him off if we could. But we didn’t have any money. We were ten.

So here’s the ten list of what I’m thankful for:

1.) A healthy family. We apparently have had enough close encounters with death that Mr. Reaper skipped us this year.
2.) Kick-ass friends. No seriously. My friends can kick your ass.
3.) A hot car.
4.) A post MBA career. I will be a prostitute. Just wait until you see the things I learned in class.
5.) Thirty years of wisdom and the ability to still act like a dumb-ass teenager.
6.) A full head of my own hair.
7.) Good jeans.
8.) Better genes.
9.) A future plan.
10.) A beautiful boyfriend that inspires me to be a better person.

So I’m curious, what’s on your list?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"10.) A beautiful boyfriend that inspires me to be a better person."

awww, that is so sweet, he is so lucky to have you (and you, him) but awww...

I think I might cry...

Love Ya
ViX
xxx

10:57 AM  
Blogger Riley said...

1. Both of my jobs, even though I can't stand one of them.
2. My writing class, which keeps me prolific.
3. Reliable friends with similar interests.
4. Several Atlanta art house movie theaters.
5. My mom, even though sometimes she makes me crazy.
6. My dad, even though he sometimes makes me crazy.
7. My blog, which keeps me prolific if not sane.
8. People who read my blog, like you, and tell me that you like what I write ... even though I've never met you.
9. My ambitions, even though I need to write a resume.
10. Music and art.

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are they ALL jokes? Poor boyfriend will be sad. So sad.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Anon, I have it on good authority that the boyfriend appreciates Michael's great sense of humor. So it's all good.

-chris (the boyfriend)

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You ain't on my list that's for damn sure (and you know who this is).

11:15 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

No, actually I don't know who this is... because due to the unfortunate nature of your tiny, microscopic testicles, you're forced to hide behind the anonymity of the internet when you make sad, pointless comments on other people's weblogs.

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1)well im thankful i fanaly dumped my cheating boyfriend though it hurts as hell
2)and for my mum for her time,money and concern
3)dad his yearly text message
4)back side for keeping men goin crazy but they cannot touch it
5)internet coz makes stay sane coz this poles drive me crazy

nice blog first time here
pette

9:33 AM  
Blogger jacob henry said...

i'm enjoying your newfound dedication to frequent posting! i never knew it could be this good. (hope all is well.)

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Un français ou un ami britannique : D

Un blog très agréable en effet.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home