Friday, July 15, 2005

Famous People or Death

My sister is flying in to LA for a weekend visit. Her only requirement is to see famous people. I am merely a mode of transportation with which to hunt down and stalk aforementioned famous people.
This week, it was announced that Brad Pitt was hospital-ridden with a bout of meningitis. Leave it to him to pick a dramatic brain-swelling disease. Anyway- in response, my sister course-corrected her itinerary for this weekend’s plans to include a Brad Pitt sighting when she sent me this email (verbatim) yesterday:

agenda for tomorrow:
1. take vicodin (recently prescribed for insane neck pain) and wash down with 5 glasses of wine
2. go to hospital and complain of meningitis-like pain
3. wind up in emergency room with stomach being pumped


My sister is not exactly vain. Vanity involves a pair of big-ass sunglasses and a newspaper to hide behind. She's more of a manic obsessive.
It's going to be a fabulous weekend.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, wish I could be there to pump her stomach...

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well we are all waiting for the report...................

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alas, no famous people were seen...although I did try to get my brother to drop us off at a restaurant named, Koi, which apparently is the location for stars and starlettes (read: star-lite) to hobnob. He would have none of it. Aside from that, we did get to see a lot of sites: traffic...and then we saw some more traffic, followed by some traffic...which, did I mention, caused me to miss my flight back and spend the next 20 hours in airports and planes. All the sacrificing I do, and my brother won't even pull over to go to Koi. Nice.

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terrible about Koi. Just terrible. You obviously need not bring enough east coast attirude with you.....

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home